Charity Awards applications: How to enter
The Asian Voice Charity Awards powered by Charity Clarity are free to enter for charities, other organisations and individuals. The following are our eligibility criteria:
- UK-based registered charity;
- International charity with registered UK offices;
- Unincorporated not-for-profit organisation in the UK that can clearly display its charitable aims;
- Organisation with a social mission operating as a Company Limited By Guarantee, CIC or social enterprise; or
- Individual that has significant evidence of charitable or social enterprise activity.
- Organisations and individuals can enter more than one category and are encouraged to nominate themselves;
- All entries will be treated as confidential;
- The Judges’ decision is final;
- Nominations can be submitted online only.
If you would like to attend the Charity Awards ceremony for 2019, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Categories for Charity Awards
Click on the relevant category below to complete a nomination form.
For Charities and Not for Profit Organisations:
This award recognises a UK-registered charity for their outstanding work and contribution to society, as well as demonstrated excellent service and achievement in its work over the last five years. There are no criteria on the annual income, but the charity must demonstrate consistently delivered outstanding service for their size and year-on-year growth.
Who can apply – All charities
This award is similar to Charity of the Year, but specifically for charities that have been operational for three years or less.
Who can apply – Charities operational for up to 3 years only
This award recognises excellence in charity PR, either in-house at a charity, or an agency undertaking a PR campaign on behalf of a charity. Benefits of the specific PR campaign must be proven to show extensive press and media coverage in the last 12 months.
Who can apply – All charities and social enterprises
This award recognises a social enterprise or the trading arm of a charity that has made a significant difference to beneficiaries through its ability to generate income to meet its social goals over the last two years.
Who can apply – All charities and social enterprises
We have a brand-new category for 2019: Audience’s Choice Award. In addition to our jury-decided Awards, this category is a special one, where you, the audience, votes for the winners. The list of organisations below are the charities who have submitted their nominations so far. All you have to do is click on Vote, and then Share online!
You can have up to three votes each, so you can click on one charity that you really like three times, or give one vote each to different organisations. Please make sure you Share online too, to make sure your chosen charities get the most exposure online.
Once you’ve submtited a nomination, then you can share the link to the full list of nominated charities on social media and in your network, to encourage others to vote for your organisation too.
This award recognises an individual who has demonstrated dedication, professionalism and integrity over a sustained period of time, and who has produced an identifiably profound effect on the social sector in the UK or otherwise through their work, which could be voluntary or otherwise.
Who can apply – Volunteers or other individuals who have had a positive impact on society and involved in key decision making in their charity, enterprise or project
This award recognises a young individual who has demonstrated dedication and integrity through their work with the social sector in the UK or otherwise over the past year.
Who can apply – Volunteeers or other individuals aged 25 and under involved in key decision making in their charity, enterprise or project
What do the winners get?
We offer each of the winning charities a excellent package*. It includes the following:
- One year’s free Charity Clarity rating.
- Exclusive participation in our fundraising events, including conferences.
- Your profile in Asian Voice and related publications, which brings with it 43 years publishing experience and a readership of several tens of thousands, as well as blogs.
- Social media promotion and a blog profile of the winner.
- Up to three full days of training free during the year, and up to 50% discount on further, specialist charity training.**
- Up to five full days of bespoke consultancy advice from City Bridge Trust.**
- Up to 50% discount on our specialist PR and email marketing services.
- Special visit to Tower Bridge and taking part in a lifting of the Bridge for the passing under of a ship/boat for a member of staffor to beneficiary, courtesy of City Bridge Trust.**
- Free cost audit that could save you thousands in procurement costs.
- Free access to platform for charitable giving, saving you in transaction fees and helping you increase your fundraising reach.
- Free assistance setting up a multi-currency account (or similar services), saving you money on your international money transfers.
*Subject to change; conditions apply. **London-based only; conditions apply.
All eligibility criteria are outlined below:
For Charities and Not-for Profit Organisations
Any UK-based registered charity, an international charity with registered UK offices, an unincorporated not-for-profit organisation in the UK that can clearly display its charitable aims, or organisation with a social mission operating as a Company Limited By Guarantee, CIC or social enterprise.
The organisation must show it has delivered outstanding service to the community and has a clear goal and strategy to make a positive impact to the community.
For Corporate Partnerships
Any UK-based registered private company, or international company with registered UK offices who has been operating at least a year, has a corporate responsibility program which has clear goal and strategy to make a positive impact to the local community.
Any individual who has demonstrated dedication and integrity through their work and social sector in the UK.
Nominations are open to all. Applicants can make as many nominations as they wish and may enter for more than one category where applicable. There is no charge to make a nomination.
Self-nomination is the most common route. If an organisation or individual is proud of their work and impact generated for the community then they are encouraged to nominate themselves. Nominations via donors or beneficiaries are also common ways of nominating.
Applicants must confirm that what they have written in their nomination, to the best of their knowledge, is legal, decent, honest and truthful. The judging panel reserves the right to ask for additional information from the charity, individual and corporate, and to make enquiries with the charity where appropriate.
The Overall Winner will not be permitted to re-enter the awards for a period of two years.
All entries and nominations must be received before midnight on 15 March 2019. Winners will be announced on Friday 17 May 2019 at the Awards evening at The Hilton Park Lane in London.
You can buy a ticket securely through PayPal below, or email email@example.com if you would like to pay via invoice.